Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Team Manager (Relocate to Jinhua China)
We are looking for an experienced, self-motivated Team Manager with English Teaching experience to join our Jinhua Polytechnic Wintec International College (JPWIC).
The JPWIC is based at, and operated within, Jinhua Polytechnic and delivers 6 diploma programmes to almost 1000 students, with plans to grow further.
Employed by Wintec to manage the delivery of its programmes within the college, you will be responsible for leading and managing a team of approximately 18 English Language and Specialisation Teachers ensuring an engaged, high-performing and stable team. You will also provide relief English teaching as needed.
This role is critical to the success of the college to Wintec and the following are the main objectives:
- Create a positive and supportive environment in which staff are engaged and high performing
- Facilitate the development of teaching and assessment materials for the English language programme and coordinate the timetabling
- Provide leadership and management in teaching quality, including undertaking teaching observations and providing teacher development
- Manage and oversee staff welfare including living environment and standards, office, supply and equipment and teaching environment
We are looking for someone whose values and approach are aligned to Wintec’s and who has:
- Experience managing a diverse group of teachers in a complex environment
- Experience coordinating programmes internationally. An understanding of the NZ educational environment would be useful
- A Degree in English/Linguistics/Literature and a CELTA, TESOL or TEFL or similar
- A teaching qualification
- A demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective and positive relationships with staff, partners and colleagues, and to influence people
We can offer you a good package, including good quality accommodation, and ongoing support from Wintec NZ in all areas.
We are looking for a person who wants to happily settle and build a life in China for a period of time, someone who is resilient, flexible and can successfully manage ambiguity. We believe this is a unique opportunity to work for, and be supported by, a New Zealand institution while being embedded in a Chinese Polytechnic. This is a fixed term role for a term of up to 2 years as agreed.
If this sounds like you then apply today!
Job no: GYAN934026
Location: Jinhua, China
Closing Date: Saturday, 24 August 2019