Team Manager - Centre for Languages
We are looking for a new Team Manager to lead a team of academic staff in our Centre for Languages and to manage our wide ranging programmes at intermediate to upper intermediate levels. You may also be required at times to assist with management of either of the other two teams, being pre-literate to pre-intermediate, and upper intermediate to advanced levels.
About the role
This role also includes significant coordination of aspects of our international business, both onshore and offshore, that have links to the level of programmes being managed.
This role is a newly created role, and while it is expected to have some flexibility, you can expect to be responsible for managing the day-to-day academic activities of the team, ensuring all resources are in place for a quality learning environment. You will guide and support staff to achieve agreed outcomes and grow professionally, and will maintain productive working relationships within the Centre , across Wintec, and with offshore relationships, as required.
Are you an ideal candidate?
You will lead development, maintenance and delivery of language qualifications, as well as other English language delivery and will potentially have significant input into offshore delivery.
You will be innovative in your approach to operational efficiency, creative with problem solving, and flexible in embracing change.
Ideally you will:
• Have knowledge of the New Zealand tertiary education sector
• Be able to travel offshore as required for short time periods
• Have experience teaching English offshore
• Have a teaching qualification and expertise as well as thorough knowledge of applied linguistics
• Be committed to academic excellence, student-centred teaching and learning, and be supportive of research
• Have strong management skills and proven leadership ability
• Be customer-focused and enjoy working in a multicultural context
• Understand how professional communication builds productive working relationships
• Have good understanding of how ELT fits within a wider pedagogical perspective
• Be a person who enjoys the challenges of developing new markets and new delivery models.
Working at Wintec
If you value working collaboratively and leading others in a dynamic and rapidly changing environment, delivering education for local and international benefit, this is an opportunity not to be missed! Wintec is a leading tertiary education provider with a forward thinking and innovative workforce. We embrace change and are actively seeking out new opportunities to develop and enhance the way we work.
Applications close 19 October.
Location: City Campus
Closing Date: Thursday, 19 October 2017