Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Team Manager - Centre for Business & Enterprise
Lead and manage a team of tutors, ensuring high quality teaching, learning and research, and ensuring the best possible study experience for your students.
About the role
This is an important academic management role responsible for most aspects of the successful delivery of our programmes of study. Besides being a key member of the Centre for Business and Enterprise leadership team the role will involve maintaining and developing industry connections and developing key relationships with other tertiary providers, both within New Zealand and overseas. You will be responsible for:
- Effective leadership of staff (approximately 15) to ensure an engaged, high performing and flexible team
- Delivering successful student outcomes by providing leadership and management in teaching quality, research and effective programme development and management
- Effective management of budgets, quality and risk within areas of responsibility
- Successfully building and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders
Are you an ideal candidate?
Do you have a strong understanding of excellent teaching and learning practice and processes for ensuring academic quality? Do you have industry experience as well as relevant postgraduate qualifications? With your highly developed communication skills, line management experience and the ability to build and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders, this could be your next exciting move. Key to your success will be:
- Experience in developing and leading others in relation to quality teaching practices, and/or research, and teaching technologies
- An ability to be innovative, to question the status quo and to adapt to changing circumstances
- An ability to provide the team with a clear sense of direction
- Demonstrated ability to monitor performance against goals and take corrective action where required, providing coaching and feedback
Working at Wintec
Wintec continues to be one of New Zealand’s leading tertiary institutes by keeping up with industry trends and focusing on innovation. You’ll be well supported and have generous opportunities to develop your career through free courses. Join the Centre for Business and Enterprise and take the next exciting step in your career.
Lead change, shape the world at Wintec – apply now and accept a leadership challenge.
Job no: JA1126/1140
Location: City Campus
Closing Date: Monday, 6 January 2020