Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Social Practice Principal Academic Staff Member
Tōia mai ngā tauira, tōia mai ngā kaimahi, tōia mai ngā
tāngata nō ngā hau e whā.
Te Pūkenga - Wintec is one of NZ’s largest Institutes of Technology providing quality education and training in the Waikato!
Centre of Health and Social Practice delivers health professional programs in
counselling, social work, nursing, midwifery, physiotherapy, and primary health
care. If you value working collaboratively and have the expertise and
experience to teach core theories and skills used within social services, we
are keen to hear from you.
We are looking to offer a full-time permanent position
within our social practice team. To be eligible for consideration, you will:
- Hold a relevant postgraduate qualification in social work, counselling, addictions, or a related field.
- Have current experience in the sector, either as a social service practitioner or as a social service educator
- Be able to lead
- the development of mātauranga Māori content within health and social practice programmes, working with others in the team to determine appropriate methods of delivery for this content
- kaupapa Māori research through to publication within the social practice team
- development and teaching of new kaupapa Māori models within the mental health space
Ideally you will also:
- Have demonstrated competent application previously of mātauranga Māori in education and/or a well-being sector.
- Be able to teach and support ākonga/students in a manner that honours Te Tiriti o Waitangi
- Hold a tertiary teaching qualification
- Have proven expertise in both face-to-face and on-line teaching moderation and assessment
- Be active in research,
scholarship and/or critical reflective research
If you have any questions regarding this opportunity, please email firstname.lastname@example.org