Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Physiotherapy (Neuro/Cardiorespiratory) Educator - Kaiako
Wintec’s Centre for Health and Social Practice is seeking applications from highly motivated and experienced physiotherapy educators interested in contributing to the delivery of a new Bachelor of Physiotherapy (with Honours) programme within New Zealand. If you value working collaboratively with others in a dynamic environment, and delivering education and research for community benefit, we are keen to hear from you. As the programmes grows, we have some exciting opportunities to be a part of an innovative and dynamic academic environment within Aotearoa/New Zealand’s newest physiotherapy programme.
About the centre/programme
The Centre has a commitment to Te Tiriti o Waitangi and the preparation of community orientated physiotherapy practitioners
Our programmes are underpinned by an experiential approach to learning, which links work, education, and personal and professional development.
Importance is placed on ensuring our graduates are work-ready and well prepared to gain employment or enhance and extend employment opportunities.
You would be responsible for leading the day-to-day academic delivery including the development of physiotherapy teaching resources, and relevant research programmes. Not only would you keep abreast of the latest information and technology, you'd create valuable opportunities for students and ensure the flexible delivery of the programme across the Midland region of Aotearoa New Zealand.
Are you the ideal candidate?
Our positions require knowledge and experience of neuro/cardiorespiratory physiotherapy education, practice and research. We are seeking applications from people who are passionate about physiotherapy education and have the following:
- Current Physiotherapy Board of New Zealand registration (or eligibility to register)
- Experience and knowledge in cardio-respiratory and/or neurological physiotherapy is preferred
- Relevant Masters or Doctorate qualification in subject related discipline/s. If you do not have a doctorate, there is time allocation, support and facilitation to achieve this whilst in the role
- Understanding of culture, identity and learning in New Zealand
- Significant and recent physiotherapy practice and/or educational experience
- Have published in a reputable journal, are in research active, or have a willingness to do so
- Knowledge of, or willingness to learn Te Reo Māori
This is a permanent full time position (37.5 hours per week)
Working at Wintec
Wintec continues to be one of the leading tertiary institutes by keeping up with industry trends and focusing on innovation. You’d be supported to stay industry connected and have generous opportunities to develop your career through the professional development opportunities available to you. Contact the Centre for Health and Social Practice and take the next exciting step in your career. Lead changes shape the world at Wintec – register your interest now!