Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
About the role
We are looking for two midwifery lecturer’s to join our team for the Wintec’s Bachelor of Midwifery programme. We have a commitment to excellence in our teaching and support of midwifery students. This is your opportunity to experience working as part of the midwifery teaching team to support midwifery students in their journey to become a registered midwife.
Bring your professional midwifery knowledge and skills, and can-do attitude to shape and educate the next generation of midwives.
You will work with students to support their learning by providing teaching within the degree programme and facilitating student problem solving, reflection on practice and skills development. You will value working collaboratively in a team and ongoing development of your own knowledge and skills.
Are you an ideal candidate?
We are looking for a Registered Midwife with at least five years’ experience who is passionate about midwifery education and has the following:
- NZ registration with current annual practising certificate
- Confident with clinical, face to face and the online teaching environment
- A passion for supporting students to succeed
- Relevant teaching experience, professional development for an Adult Tertiary Teaching certificate can be provided
- Either holds a Masters’ or PhD degree or is currently engaged in ongoing or committed to start post grad education
- Knowledge of Te Reo and Tikanga Māori would be an advantage
Both positions are permanent and based in Hamilton. Successful applicants can apply for either a 0.6 (3 days) or 1.0 (fulltime) position, or negotiate each for a 0.8 (4 days) position.
Permanent, Part Time Permanent
Job no: JAF1008/1009
Location: City Campus
Closing Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2019