Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Mechanical Engineering Tutor
Share your real-world skills with the next generation at Wintec
If you’re well established in your career with the skills to match, you’ll find an exciting new challenge at Wintec. Bring your industry experience to a tutoring role and you’ll create new networks and forge strong links in your industry.
About the role
Are you passionate about Mechanical Engineering and developing the next generation of Mechanical Engineering tradespeople at the pre-apprenticeship and apprenticeship level? We are looking for an enthusiastic person for a full-time (37.5 hours per week) permanent position in our Centre for Trades and Engineering.
As a Mechanical Engineering Tutor, you will have an outgoing personality and be comfortable working in a progressive team. You’ll liaise with colleagues in the industry to provide work experience opportunities and encourage students’ innovation and creative thinking. In this tutoring role, you can enhance the region’s professional quality while influencing the direction of your industry.
Are you an ideal candidate? You'll:
- Have a recognised Mechanical Engineering trade qualification (Level 4) and at least 10 years’ experience.
- Have a strong working knowledge of Fabrication, Welding and Fitting disciplines.
- A strong commitment to Health & Safety in the workplace.
- Love sharing your Industry knowledge and experience to motivate people in a multicultural environment (you have been involved in training apprentices).
- Be an enthusiastic team player – collaborative, constructive and supportive of other team members and team results ·.
- Have a high level of interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
Working at Wintec
One of New Zealand’s leading tertiary institutes, Wintec’s focus is on innovation and a future vision. You and your teaching colleagues will be in close touch with real-world practice and development. If you’re new to tutoring, Wintec will provide you with teacher training where you will have the support for enhancing your own credentials as well as opportunities for networking at many levels and across multiple disciplines.
Lead change, shape the world at Wintec – apply for your next role now
Closing Date: There will be no closing date for this position and the advert may be removed without notice - applications will be reviewed as received and you are encouraged to submit your application as soon as possible. Applications close when position is filled.
Job no: JA867
Location: Rotokauri Campus
Closing Date: until filled