Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Mechanical Engineering Educator - Kaiwhakaako Kaipūkaha Hangarau
We are looking for an enthusiastic person for a full-time permanent position in our Centre for Trades.
Share your extensive real-world skills with the next generation at Wintec
If you’re well established in your career with the skills to match, you’ll find an exciting new challenge at Wintec. Bring your industry experience to a tutoring role and you’ll create new networks and forge strong links in your industry.
About the role
We are seeking a candidate to fill a vacant Mechanical Engineering Level 5 (Advanced Trade) tutoring role. You will be working with individuals and small groups of students who have completed their mechanical engineering apprenticeship and are looking to further their education into an advanced trade certificate. This is a full time permanent (37.5 hours per week) position based at our Rotokauri Centre for Trades and Engineering campus.
This role requires a high degree of comfort with teaching in an online format as you will be interacting with students all over New Zealand, each with different IT capabilities. The Level 5 Mechanical Engineering project-based program is tailored to each students’ specific working environment, so extensive and varied general engineering trade experience will be essential. Flexibility will be key in this role as students often study during irregular hours.
As a Mechanical Engineering advanced trade tutor, you will have an outgoing personality and be comfortable working in a progressive team. In this tutoring role, you can enhance the nations professional quality while influencing the direction of your industry.
Are you an ideal candidate?
To be successful in this role, you'll:
- Have a recognised Mechanical Engineering trade qualification (Level 5) and at least 10 years’ experience.
- Have a strong practical background working in the Fitting, Fabrication and Machining trades.
- A strong commitment to Health & Safety in the workplace.
- Love sharing your Industry knowledge and experience to motivate people in a multicultural environment (you have been involved in training apprentices).
- Be an enthusiastic team player – collaborative, constructive and supportive of other team members and team results.
- Be comfortable with flexible working arrangements.
- Have a high degree of competence with the MS suite of products.
- Have a high level of interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
Working at Wintec
One of New Zealand’s leading tertiary institutes, Wintec’s focus is on innovation and a future vision. You and your teaching colleagues will be in close touch with real-world practice and development. If you’re new to tutoring, Wintec will provide you with teacher training where you will have the support for enhancing your own credentials as well as opportunities for networking at many levels and across multiple disciplines.
Lead change, shape the world at Wintec – apply for your next role now
Closing Date: There will be no closing date for this position and the advert may be removed without notice - applications will be reviewed as received and you are encouraged to submit your application as soon as possible. Applications close when position is filled.