Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
E ngā mana,
e ngā reo, e ngā karanga taha maha o te motu, tēnei te korokī ki te hunga kua
whāngaihia ki ngā kaimārō o te ao Māori, o te ao takiwā. Tōia mai tō waka kia
whītikiria ki te tumu o te Kuratini o Waikato. Tōia mai!
made significant inroads as an organisation to better understand how to achieve
better outcomes for Māori. We know that we can see greater uplift for our tauira
when they see themselves in the environment that they are learning in. This includes presenting opportunities to
connect with and reflect the needs of mana whenua.
We know that mana whenua have or are developing their educational strategies and setting their plans to achieve their hapū and iwi aspirations. We are interested in hearing from people with a strong desire to support work towards equitable outcomes for Māori and mana-enhancing Te Tiriti o Waitangi partnerships.
About the role
will promote and manage mana whenua engagement across three distinct units:
Tōia Mai (Partnership & Collaboration), Regional Delivery and Work Broker.
The Kaituruki will also support the provision of tikanga and kawa and maintain
mana-enhancing relationships with internal and external stakeholders and te
like to talk with you if you have demonstrated experience in managing
mana-enhancing relationships, mātauranga Māori as well as experience in any of
the following: proven connection to mana whenua as well as teaching and
learning experience, sector knowledge, experience in Māori Pacific Trade
Training, development and implementation of mana whenua centered initiatives, tikanga
and te reo Māori.
You will work with executive staff, corporate units, faculty and support staff, external stakeholders and te tiriti partners to improve outcomes for Māori. Our areas of strategic focus under Tōia Mai include:
- Rangatira (Governance & Leadership)
- Tangata (Learner-Centred Support)
- Kotahitanga (Partnership & Collaboration)
- Kaiako (Teaching & Learning)
- Poutama (Systems)
- Hangarau (Technology)
You will be expected to work closely with:
- Regional Delivery
- Work Broker
We are looking for a person who:
- Can deliver on the vision of strong and exciting outcomes for mana whenua (te tiriti partners), Māori students, staff and external stakeholders
- Listens and collaborates to drive change
- Is a capable planner, monitors and reports on progress
- Can show our te tiriti partners how we are delivering for them
- Will enhance Wintec’s strategic relationships with iwi, hapū, whānau and Māori communities
- Has experience in tertiary education and understands that tauira are at the heart of what we are here to do
- Is up for a challenge and thrives on working on new and collective solutions
In return, Wintec offers
- Workplace flexibility
- Professional development
- An innovative environment where you are encouraged to challenge the status quo
to deliver on significant and meaningful challenges
an innovative and forward thinking organisation. We embrace change and actively
seek out new opportunities to develop and enhance the way we work. We value our
connections with the wider community, holding true to our mission to build a
strong community through education, research, rangahau and development. If you
would like to join our team then apply now!