Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Kia ora, Kia orana tātou kātoatoa, Malo e lelei, Talofa lava, Ni sa bula vinaka, Malo ni, Fakaalofa atu, Fakatolofa atu, Aloha, Halo olaketa, Ia Orana and warm Pacific greetings to you all under the tumu of Tōia mai at Te Kuratini o Waikato, Wintec.
made significant inroads as an organisation to understand how to achieve better
outcomes for Pacific learners and their communities. We know that we can see
greater uplift for our tauira when they see themselves in the environment that
they are learning in. We are interested in hearing from people with a strong
desire to support work towards equitable outcomes for Pacific and Māori and
mana-enhancing Te Tiriti o Waitangi partnerships.
About the role
The Kaiārahi Pacific will understand and share the vision of the Tōia Mai Excellence Framework with staff, tauira and Te Tiriti partners. The Kaiārahi Pacific is responsible for supporting the planning, design, coordination and implementation of strategies and activities of the Wintec Pacific Strategy, Tōia Mai Kaupapa Mahi, Pacific Equity Plan and Te Pae Tawhiti. Although the Kaiārahi Pacific role will primarily advocate for the needs of Pacific learners, staff and Te Tiriti partners they also support others to understand how the Tōia Mai interventions and outcomes benefit all of our learners.
like to talk with you if you have demonstrated experience in the application of
Pacific methodologies and pedagogies in a range of contexts as well as
experience in any of the following: teaching and learning, professional and
resource development, quality assurance, programme design, demonstrated
knowledge in the application of Pacific protocol or implementation of
You will work with executive staff, corporate units, faculty and support staff, external stakeholders and te tiriti partners to improve outcomes for Pacific and Māori. Our areas of strategic focus under Tōia Mai include:
- Rangatira (Governance & Leadership)
- Tangata (Learner-Centred Support)
- Kōtahitanga (Partnership & Collaboration)
- Kaiako (Teaching & Learning)
- Poutama (Systems)
- Hangarau (Technology)
We are looking for a person who:
- Can deliver on the vision of strong and exciting outcomes for Pacific students and staff.
- Listens and collaborates to drive change.
- Is a capable planner, monitors and reports on progress.
- Can show our stakeholders and partners how we are delivering for them.
- Will enhance Wintec’s strategic relationships with Pacific organisations and communities.
- Has experience in tertiary education and understands that tauira are at the heart of what we are here to do.
- Is up for a challenge and thrives on working on new and collective solutions.
In return, Wintec offers
- Workplace flexibility
- Professional development
- An innovative environment where you are encouraged to challenge the status quo
- Opportunities to deliver on significant and meaningful challenges
an innovative and forward thinking organisation. We embrace change and actively
seek out new opportunities to develop and enhance the way we work. We value our
connections with the wider community, holding true to our mission to build a
strong community through education, research, rangahau and development. If you
would like to join our team then apply now!