Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Facilities Operations Team Leader
We are looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated person to join our busy Facilities Management team.
About the role
Reporting to the Strategic Assets Manager, you’ll be responsible for leading and delivering a variety of facilities management services and functions.
Are you an ideal candidate?
Are you commercially savvy with excellent verbal and written communication skills? With your procurement, contract management, and leadership background experience, this could be the role for you. Add a commitment to outstanding customer service and this role could be for you.
To be successful in this role you will:
Leadership, Manage Staff
- provide leadership to site staff and management via relevant key performance indicators, targets, and goal settings as defined by management.
- create a positive environment in which staff are motivated, inclusive and contribute to effective change.
- develop tender documentation and contract specifications, and conducts tender processes for the engagement of appropriate contractors, suppliers, and consultants as required.
- review, update and negotiate property leases, consultancy services, and contract documentation and scope of works, and day-to-day oversight of contracts as required.
- share specialist facilities management health and safety knowledge to the organisation, and manage the facilities team health and safety needs.
- Develop and manage appropriate operational budget to a high degree of accuracy and accountability.
Communication and Technology
- have highly developed communication and computer skills, including familiarity with building management systems, access control systems, and other similar products.
- prepare and/or coordinate various communications, reports, presentations, briefings, and other papers as requested.
Your proven experience in a busy team environment
and a high level of initiative, flexibility and drive are essential. It would be beneficial if you have knowledge
of the tertiary environment with a qualification in facilities management,
construction or engineering would be highly desirable.
Working at Wintec
One of New Zealand’s leading tertiary institutes, Wintec’s focus is on innovation and future-proofing. Our Assets & Infrastructure team work hard to be leaders in the facilities management and tertiary education sector. For an energetic self-starter looking for a fast-paced working environment, Wintec is the place to be.
Lead change, shape the world of Wintec – apply now.
This is a full-time (37.5 hours per week) permanent position.