Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Share your industry skills with future design professionals at Wintec
If you are well established in your design career with the skills to match, there’s an exciting new opportunity at Wintec.
About the opportunity
We are looking for an experienced designer to work with our design teaching team, helping Wintec do what it does best – turn out work-ready graduates who can take on the world.
Wintec provides innovative and high-quality design education and research ensuring graduates are well prepared to enter the profession.
Your experience, professional networks and formal qualifications will be key to giving students a balanced and professional education in graphic design. We provide teacher training, so you’ll be able to develop the skills to operate as a dual professional – an educator who is able to share your up-to-date industry experience and skills with students, ensuring they get the very latest industry information and practices.
Now is best time to share that knowledge and passion
with the next generation.
Are you an ideal candidate?
We are keen to receive applications from educators or industry professionals who are keen to join our School of Media Arts team.
Ideally, you will need to have:
- Up to date industry experience in the design industry;
- A degree qualification in graphic design or similar (preferably Masters);
- A good understanding of matauranga Māori, particularly in relation to design practice;
- Flexibility in the teaching, practice, theory and application of web design, interactive design and creative and strategic thinking;
- A passion for teaching in a practical project-driven setting;
- The ability to develop safe and inclusive classroom environments;
- The capacity to produce high quality design research.
In addition, we are seeking a person, who, beyond qualifications and experience, brings the following attitudes and values to their teaching at Wintec:
- Commitment to pastoral care and follow up of learners to enable success;
- Commitment to championing diversity and inclusion in both the classroom and collegial environments;
- An understanding of how Mātauranga Māori is embedded in their teaching and design practice as Wintec continues its journey to be more responsive to the needs of Māori learners;
- An actively supportive attitude within team environments;
- Commitment to equity of outcomes for all learners;
- A constructive problem solver, keen to collaborate with others and to navigate through new or challenging situations;
- Keen for a challenge and to take on responsibilities
- Committed to continual learning and development of their teaching and design practice
- Collegial and open to the sharing of ideas.
Working at Wintec
Help us meet the needs of our region. Join the Wintec whanau and, together, let’s deliver a bigger, brighter and better future.
You will need to have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
You will be required to undergo pre-employment checks;
including completing New Zealand Police Vetting as part of the Children's Act