Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
We are seeking a full-time permanent Academic Staff Member/Tutor to coordinate and teach on our Carpentry Level 4 Managed Apprenticeship Program.
About the role
You’ll also be a joining an organisation where we value getting the job done and doing it well; where we challenge ourselves to look for ways to do things better; and where people work together, value and support each other.
We work hard to offer people from the Waikato, and overseas, credible and relevant qualifications, modern facilities and a supportive student environment.
This is a permanent position, applicants should be aware that this would likely to be travelling extensively within the Waikato Region conducting site visits.
Are you an ideal candidate?
Ideally, you will be/or have:
- qualified carpenter with experience in the construction industry
- or a registered teacher or a recent teaching graduate with experience in the construction sector.
- experience in program development
- adult teaching qualified
- experience working within or coordinating an apprenticeship program
To be successful in this role you will be able to demonstrate:
- competence within an information and communication technologies environment
- sound lesson planning skills
- a student centered teaching approach
- the ability to cope with a rapidly changing teaching environment
- Moodle software experience
- sound understanding of AKO teaching and learning practices
Working at Wintec
Wintec continues to be one of the leading tertiary institutes by keeping up with industry trends and focusing on innovation. Our Centre for Trades team works tirelessly to stay abreast of the fast-changing world of technology and industry practice. For an energetic self-starter looking for a fast-paced working environment, Wintec is the place to be.
Join the Centre for Trades and take the next exciting step in your career.
Lead change, shape the world at Wintec – apply now and accept a challenge.
Job no: JA1601
Location: Rotokauri Campus
Closing Date: Tuesday, 6 October 2020