Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
We are seeking a full time Academic Staff Member/Educator to teach on our Carpentry Level 3 Pre-Trade programme and Waikato Trades Academy High School programme.
About the role
You’ll be joining an organisation where we value getting the job done and doing it well; where we challenge ourselves to look for ways to do things better; and where people work together, value and support each other.
We work hard to offer our students credible and relevant qualifications, modern facilities and a supportive student environment.
This is a permanent academic position, applicants should be aware that this would be a full time position.
Are you an ideal candidate?
Ideally, you will be/or have:
- A qualified carpenter with experience in the construction industry
- or a registered teacher or a recent teaching graduate with relevant experience in the construction sector.
- experience in program development
- adult teaching qualified
To be successful in this role you will be able to demonstrate:
- competence within an information and communication technologies environment
- sound lesson planning skills
- a student centered teaching approach
- the ability to cope with a rapidly changing teaching environment
- Moodle software experience
- sound understanding of AKO teaching and learning practices
Working at Wintec
Wintec continues to be one of the leading tertiary institutes by keeping up with industry trends and focusing on innovation. Our Centre for Trades team works tirelessly to stay abreast of the fast-changing world of technology and industry practice. For an energetic self-starter looking for a fast-paced working environment, Wintec is the place to be.
Join the Centre for Trades and take the next exciting step in your career.
Lead change, shape the world at Wintec – apply now and accept a challenge.