Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
About the role
Situated at the City Campus, the School of Media Arts is looking for a high standard of administrative support to ensure the effective and efficient operation of the Media Arts team. This role will support the Head of School, Team Managers and academic staff and work alongside the Office Manager and another academic administrator. The role is required for a variety of academic administrative and operational functions.
Are you an ideal candidate?
You will ideally have a qualification and have relevant experience in a similar role within an academic education environment. You will have experience in working under pressure to meet deadlines while maintaining a high level of accuracy. You will be able to demonstrate a proactive customer focused approach and have an ability to build robust relationships with internal and external stakeholders. You will have excellent written and oral communication skills with a high level of skill in the use of computer applications including MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook and databases.
The role is a permanent full-time position, 5 days per week (37.5 hours) to ensure that the administration team has continuity in their service delivery.
We are looking for someone who has the following:
- Experienced in administration, preferably in an academic education environment
- Proven experience in a busy office environment and a high level of initiative, flexibility and drive are desirable
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Advanced computing skills especially in Word, Access, Excel and Outlook
- Experience in minute taking.
- The ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Strong relationship building skills and the ability to work with multiple stakeholders
- The ability to support Media Arts events
- The ability to work unsupervised as well as be part of a team with a willingness to learn and help out.
- Commitment to outstanding customer service
- A tertiary qualification would be beneficial
- Has New Zealand permanent residency or citizenship
Working at Wintec
One of New Zealand’s leading tertiary institutes, Wintec’s focus is on innovation and future-proofing. Our team works tirelessly to stay abreast of the fast-changing world of technology and industry practice. For an energetic self-starter looking for a fast-paced working environment, Wintec is the place to be. If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you.
Lead change, shape the world at Wintec – apply now and be a part of something bigger.
We are committed to the protection of children and vulnerable persons. This position is classified as a “core worker” under the Vulnerable Children’s Act. We therefore obtain and maintain a satisfactory Police Vetting process.
Job no: JA1109
Location: City Campus
Closing Date: Wednesday, 11 December 2019