Academic Administrator - School of Media Arts
Part Time Permanent
About the role
Situated at the City Campus, the School of Media Arts is looking for a high standard of administrative support to ensure the effective and efficient operation of the Media Arts team. This role will support the Head of School, Team Managers and academic staff and work alongside the Office Manager and one other academic administrator. The role is required to coordinate a variety of administrative functions including Post Graduate studies administration.
Are you the ideal candidate?
You will ideally be tertiary qualified or have relevant experience in a similar role within a tertiary education environment. You will have experience in working under pressure to meet deadlines while maintaining a high level of accuracy. Demonstrating a proactive customer focused approach. You will have an ability to build robust relationships with internal stakeholders, and managing expectations will also be key to your success in this role. You will have excellent written and oral communication skills with a high level of skill in the use of computer applications including MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook and databases.
The role is a permanent part time position, 4 full days per week (30 hous) to ensure that the administration team has continuity in their service delivery.
We are looking for someone who has the following:
- Experienced in administration, preferably in a tertiary education environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Advanced computing skills especially in Word, Access, Excel and Outlook
- The ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Strong relationship building skills and the ability to work with multiple stakeholders
- The ability to work unsupervised as well as be part of a team
- Commitment to outstanding customer service
- A tertiary qualification would be beneficial
- Has New Zealand permanent residency or citizenship
Working at Wintec
One of New Zealand’s leading tertiary institutes, Wintec’s focus is on innovation and future-proofing. For an energetic self-starter looking for a fast-paced working environment, Wintec is the place to be.
Lead change, shape the world at Wintec – apply for your next role now.
We are committed to the protection of children and vulnerable persons. This position is classified as a “core worker” under the Vulnerable Children’s Act. We therefore obtain and maintain a satisfactory Police Vetting process.
Location: City Campus
Closing Date: Friday, 23 March 2018