Student Life Advisor
Bring your creative thinking to the positive and responsive Student Experience team based at our Hamilton City campus.
About the role
We are looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated and customer focused person to join our Student Life Team. You will be responsible for building and maintaining relationships with our students, focusing on assisting them to identify issues that impact their learning, and effectively working with them to provide the most appropriate support. This is a full-time (37.5 hours per week) permanent position.
Are you an ideal candidate?
Do you have excellent verbal and written communication skills – including using a range of technologies? With your tertiary qualification and experience in supporting people, this could be the job for you. Add a commitment to outstanding customer service and you’ll excel in this role.
To be successful in this role you will:
- have skills in working with and understanding the needs of all students
- be confident with proactively approaching students and staff members alike
- have the capacity to exercise judgment in problem solving
- knowledge of community services and referral processes
- be confident facilitating groups and events and be available to speak to larger groups at times
- be able to work well under pressure with interruptions and prioritise competing demands
- have excellent interpersonal, customer service and communication skills
- have a commitment to enabling student wellbeing
- appreciate and be able to adapt to range of cultures and ages
- understanding of and genuine willingness to work in a way that aligns with Te Tiriti o Waitangi It would also be beneficial if you have knowledge of the tertiary education environment.
Working at Wintec
One of New Zealand’s leading tertiary institutes, Wintec’s focus is on creatively meeting students’ needs now and into the future. Our Student Experience team works tirelessly to stay abreast of the fast-changing world of student support and industry practice. For an energetic self-starter looking for a collaborative and evolving working environment, Wintec is the place to be.
So, if you are a people person with a healthy dose of empathy and a sense of humour, please apply today.
In the spirit of Wintec's on-going innovation efforts, we would like you to click on the below link to submit your application.
We are committed to the protection of children and vulnerable persons. This position is classified as a “core worker” under the Vulnerable Children’s Act. We therefore obtain and maintain a satisfactory Police Vetting process.
Job no: JA455
Location: City Campus, Rotokauri Campus
Closing Date: Thursday, 1 November 2018