The Wintec Venues team is looking for an experienced events professional who can coordinate all activities within our unique venues, providing a quality service and a positive experience for our clients and guests. The Events Coordinator role is a permanent, full-time position, based in Hamilton.
The successful applicant will be responsible for:
- The coordination of all internal and external events staged within our Venues;
- The coordination of all relevant event administration including liaising with suppliers and various event partners.
- Implementation of marketing initiatives as required.
- Providing a high quality service to key event stakeholders, ensuring events held in our unique spaces exceed client expectations;
The successful applicant must have at least three years proven experience in organising events, be a team player, have top-notch people skills, be calm under pressure, adaptable and able to "step in" when needed. Our unique venues spaces and our Wintec Venues team engage with the Wintec and Waikato community, as well as national and international clients providing a quality service, skills and knowledge in events.
In 2017 we hosted over 900 event days across our city campus venues. The event coordinator plays the pivotal role in our Wintec Venues team, through being well-planned and presented, and being on hand to host many of these events.
The successful applicant will be coordinating activities across but not limited to, our suite of venues at our city campus which includes our flagship event space and The Atrium.
The successful events coordinator applicant will have:
- Good judgement skills, the ability to problem solve, and effectively prioritize work.
- The ability to be innovative, to question the status quo and to adapt to changing circumstances.
- Excellent initiative, honed from past experience in this sector.
- Highly developed interpersonal, relationship and customer service skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with colleagues to resolve issues and meet agreed outcomes under tight timeframes.
- An attention to detail and excellent time management skills.
Lead change, shape the world at Wintec – apply now and be a part of something bigger.
Job no: JAF2617
Location: City Campus
Closing Date: Wednesday, 22 August 2018