Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Civil Engineering Tutor, China
We are looking for a qualified and knowledgeable Civil Engineering Tutor, who specialises in Highway Engineering to teach at Jinhua Polytechnic Wintec International College, starting in February 2019.
Jinhua Polytechnic Wintec International College commenced teaching in 2015. It is operated and managed by Jinhua Polytechnic in China and Waikato Institute of Technology (Wintec) in New Zealand. The international college aims to introduce quality international education resources, to promote the complementary advantages of New Zealand-China teaching and learning, to contribute to the Zhejiang region’s social and economic development, and to train technical personnel with an international perspective.
The international college offers IT and Engineering qualifications at diploma level taught by both Wintec and Jinhua staff. Students will receive Jinhua Polytechnic qualifications as follows:
Diploma in Computer Networking Technology
Diploma in Technology of Computer Applications
Diploma in Applied Electronic Technology
Diploma in Mould Design and Manufacturing
Diploma in Architectural Engineering Technology
On completion of this study and the fulfilment of requirements, students can also be awarded the following qualifications from Wintec:
NZQF Diploma in Networking
NZQF Diploma in Computer Applications
NZQF Diploma in Engineering
If you are an experienced teacher/tutor or someone interested in furthering your experience in the teaching area, here is your opportunity to work internationally with a dynamic teaching team committed to ensuring successful student outcomes.
To be successful in this role you will need to:
· Hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Civil) gained from a well-recognised educational institution
· Have broad and in-depth knowledge of Highway Engineering appropriate to civil/transportation engineering industry
· Have engineering skills in the use of appropriate software models for teaching of highway engineering and design
· Have Engineering skills in the development of laboratory experiments and numerical modelling and in engineering analysis in the context of highway engineering and design
· Have 2-3 years teaching experience in civil engineering field; international teaching experience will be a big advantage
· Be a resilient, flexible individual with the ability to work autonomously.
This is a unique opportunity to work with a New Zealand institution in China, develop your career, gain international experience and have an adventure at the same time!
If this sounds like you, we are keen to hear from you now!
Job no: KNAL833847
Location: Jinhua, China
Closing Date: Monday, 31 December 2018